Basic Function: Contributes to increased sales by proactively servicing customer and prospects needs to maximize sales, service satisfaction and loyalty; pursues prospective leads and supports the outside sales force to ensure best-in-class service.
- Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Proactively find new sales opportunities and manage current opportunities in given region.
- Process orders, provide quotes and conduct regular follow-up on orders in a proactive, accurate and efficient manner.
- Increase quote close ratio by effectively following up on outstanding quotes.
- Conduct needs analysis, identify application and appropriate solution per project. Respond to customer inquiries about product capabilities and provide features and benefits that differentiate OCC from competition.
- Work in a team environment; coordinate efforts with outside sales team, business development, and marketing to ensure projects are awarded to OCC; regularly and consistently follows up with all parties involved to ensure sales are closed and service provided.
- Appropriately handle customer concerns and issues by servicing the customer directly or by involving the proper channels for a satisfactory resolution.
- Provide timely price quotations for existing and new customers.
- Provide the sales team (outbound inside sales and outside sales force and sales engineers) with necessary information for effective customer proposals.
- Respond timely to customer inquiries regarding order/shipping status.
- Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
III. Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Organizational Responsibility: Services customer inquiries, coordinates sales efforts with other team members; work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Communication: Regular communications with customers, prospective customers and other sales members; frequent communication with support staff such as Shipping, Finance, and Engineering
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality must be maintained as it relates to customer service and customer accounts
- Financial Responsibility: Will construct and provide quotations that impact profitability. Accuracy is critical.
- Judgment: Expected to use independent judgment and to seek assistance as directed; errors could directly impact the customer relationship and revenue
- Compliance: Responsible for complying with internal pricing guides and all applicable laws and regulations, including ISO and SOX
- Travel: Minimal or infrequent travel to customer sites or events in assigned region
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Associates degree is preferred combined with applicable field or equivalent and appropriate sales and customer service experience
Experience: 1-2 years of experience (Bachelor’s degree desirable and may substitute for 2 years of experience)
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: N/A
Other Minimum Qualifications:
Demonstrated ability to:
- Intermediate skills within Microsoft software packages such Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Use CRM (customer relationship management ) tools effectively and proactively
- Present information verbally and in writing regarding features and benefits of technical product
- Communicate effectively when handling customer inquiries and issues, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and follow basic instructions, understand and implement quality procedures
- Pay close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately
- Recognize, record, and resolve customer issues
- Organize assignments, complete tasks and manage time appropriately
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Upon completion of orientation, should be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the fiber optic cable, enterprise connectivity and applied interconnect systems through interaction with prospects and customers.
Working Conditions: This is a partially sedentary job which requires sight sufficient for computer usage and hearing sufficient for extensive, direct and/or telephone contact with customers, management and employees. Responsibilities require an individual to be physically mobile to move around the facility. The nature of this position and the personal interactions involved require that an individual possess significant and persuasive interactive communications skills. 40+ hour on-site work week with on-call availability required. Sitting for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components, occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings, lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…