Basic Function: The Manufacturing Systems Technician is responsible for managing the manufacturing systems and processes that define technical requirements, manufacturing routes and cost for fiber optic cable products.
• Reviews all incoming orders and create bill of materials and technical data on orders to be processed.
• Maintains the Technical Database of any design or process changes.
• Designates the appropriate process specifications and equipment set up for manufacturing jobs
• Follows new product development trial runs to help document special processing instructions in the technical database.
• Designates the appropriate cable print files for all cable part numbers
• Assists Engineering with cable design and special projects
• Reviews system problems, works with manufacturing and sales to determine causes and develop recommended solutions.
• Provide cable costing to sales and maintain and update cable costing spreadsheet
• Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
• Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
• Organizational Responsibility – Must comply with company procedures on a daily basis.
• Communication – Must successfully communicate with various departments within the organization daily
• Confidentiality – Handle proprietary product/design information, maintain confidentiality
• Financial Responsibility – Responsible for error-free work to minimize unnecessary expense
• Judgement – Must have good judgment to make sound decisions on production issues and problems.
• Compliance- Must work with engineering to stay compliant with UL, CSA, MSHA, MIL spec ratings.
• Travel (describe type and amount of travel e.g. overnight, out-of-state) – Minimal
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Associates degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or a related technology field and demonstrated experience with manufacturing systems.
Experience: 3-5 years applying fundamental concepts and practices
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration:
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills; must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Excellent computer skills required with familiarity and skill in software packages such as Microsoft Word, Access Excel
Excellent mechanical aptitude with a comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes, theories and practices. Knowledge of fiber optic cable manufacturing technology such as stranding, extruding, material usage and material properties along with product design theory would be beneficial.
Attention to detail and the ability to manage large amounts of data are essential
Ability to plan, layout, and execute complex work programs, functions, and operations.
Ability to understand and implement quality procedures.
Excellent math oral and written communication skills required with the demonstrated ability to express oneself clearly and concisely.
Attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately, and to recognize, record, and help resolve problems.
Able to organize, complete tasks and manage time.
Working Conditions: This partially sedentary job requires sight sufficient for significant computer use and reading. Also, normal work responsibilities call for nominal levels of physically demanding efforts characterized by walking and standing some of the day and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds. This work also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for dealing with external agencies/vendors, interacting with employees, conducting meetings, as well as for significant telephone contact. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn