Basic Function: Contribute to the development and execution of business plans and product solutions strategies for all product development and marketing activities to ensure the growth and profitability of assigned product lines. Serve as primary liaison between Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing.
I. Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Collaborates with engineering in product development, design and project management utilizing knowledge of industry standards/applications, competitive products, market trends, and technology roadmaps.
- Supporting new product development:
- Project management
- Product forecasting (including revenue/demand)
- Establish pricing
- Drives product roadmap and identifies opportunities for new products across multiple markets and applications.
- Holistically manage products and product lines, including performing competitive market analysis, sales and quoting analysis, product profitability analysis, and end-of-life strategy.
- Identifies opportunities for cost reductions, price adjustments, and product enhancements.
- Supports sales and marketing efforts by conducting joint field sales calls, participation at industry trade shows, conducting product presentations and contributing to industry publications.
- Responsible for providing sales team with the necessary expertise to enable them to effectively position and sell OCC solutions.
- Responsible for reviewing product data to ensure that the sales force is kept up to date on new developments regarding OCC or competitor products.
- Assists in completing projects on time and meeting corporate objectives for product management.
- Proactively integrate the work of people from other functions; including interfacing with sales, business development, and engineering.
II. Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
III. Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Organizational Responsibility – Focused product development and support by working with engineering and sales
- Communication – Extensive communication with most departments on a daily basis
- Confidentiality – Handling sensitive corporate and department information requiring high levels of confidentiality
- Financial Responsibility – support product development agendas, tracking spending on development projects
- Judgment -Inaccuracies could impact regulatory and standards compliance, quality and customer satisfaction; financial impact due to errors.
- Compliance -Regulatory compliance for UL and other standards requirements; SOX, ISO and other internal compliance requirements, including safety
- Travel – Up to 25%, primarily to OCC’s other locations and trade shows.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical field of study
- Experience: 4-8 years direct technical experience with fiber optic cable, connectivity, and/or telecommunications; experience in a business setting and/or interfacing with sales preferable
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Problem solving skills, communication skills and the ability to deal with people in an effective and professional manner. Will handle regular communications with customers and all levels of sales, production and engineering staff
- Management of complex product design and industry updates
- Understanding of the interaction between manufacturing the process and product attributes
- Product qualification planning, plan execution, data analysis and data reporting
- Develop and conduct physical analysis methods
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and data analysis in a production and sales environment
Operate independently with little direct supervision and within a team; involve management staff appropriately. Participate in management and leadership level meetings. Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and ERP with minimal support. Maintain interpersonal relationships through appropriate and concise communication, oral and written. Use math and writing skills to correctly complete all documentation required for team reporting and compliance obligations. Understand, follow and administer policies, especially those related to quality and compliance. Attend to detail in completing assignments and documentation; managing multiple tasks on a schedule. Prioritize workload effectively. Strong knowledge of MS Office, SQL Server, and Crystal reports; customer service oriented while also being assertive, self-sufficient, and able to multi-task in a variety of projects.
Working Conditions: This is a partially sedentary job which requires sight sufficient for computer usage and hearing sufficient for extensive, direct and/or telephone contact with customers, management and employees. Responsibilities require an individual to be physically mobile to move around the facility. The nature of this position and the personal interactions involved require that an individual possess significant and persuasive interactive communications skills. 40+ hour on-site work week with on-call availability required. Sitting for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components, occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings, lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn