Basic Function: Coordinate and process various accounting functions for the Company in compliance with accounting guidelines, internal control and financial reporting requirements and regulations applicable to a public company with international and multi-state sales and multiple subsidiaries.
I. Performs specific job responsibilities:
• Builds trust, values others, communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively and demonstrates high integrity.
• Sets strategic goals and defines plans for meeting those goals set for the team and individual members.
• Interacts with other corporate management to capture major opportunities for strategic planning and continual improvement.
• Complete monthly and quarterly closing tasks as assigned.
• Complete monthly analysis of certain general ledger accounts.
• Serves as backup for other accounting functions and other duties as assigned.
II. Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
III. Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
• Manages accurate, timely calculations and data collection required to complete financial transactions and reporting.
• Communicates with all levels of employees regarding matters of financial concern.
• Manages confidential and proprietary financial information.
• Uses high level of judgment and decision making required within accounting guidelines and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
• Uses judgement in questioning and bringing attention to transactions that seem to be inconsistent or in opposition to Company policy or direction.
• Follows Company policy related to proper presentation of financial transactions, financial statements, and adherence to financial reporting deadlines as defined by the Finance Team and regulatory bodies.
• Overnight/out of state travel limited but may be occasionally required.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: A BA/BS degree in accounting or related business degree required.
Experience: 3+ years’ related accounting/finance experience, including experience in evaluating internal controls and preferably a mix of public and non-public experience. Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as excellent analysis skills and ability to collaborate with a multi-departmental team.
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: CPA preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be a team member and to lead a team. Demonstrated history of making positive contributions to an organization as a leader. Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Excellent computer skills required with experience using software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Demonstrated ability to properly compile and maintain financial data. Possess a comprehensive knowledge of ERP software financial modules. Ability to read and follow basic instructions, ability to understand and implement quality procedures. Math and handwriting skills required and the ability to correctly complete all documentation. Excellent oral and written communication skills required with the demonstrated ability to express oneself clearly and concisely. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Strong organizational and time management skills with close attention to detail; the ability to complete assignments and accurately recognize and help resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
Working Conditions: This is a sedentary job which requires sight sufficient for computer use and significant English reading skills. This work also requires an individual with hearing for telephone contact with employees and customers as well as for taking and relaying messages. Significant computer input/typing duties require sufficient manual dexterity. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…