Basic Function: Coordinates and leads the team of operators and the workload to ensure maximum quality and efficiency.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
• Obtains production work orders from the ERP system and assists supervisor in scheduling machines based on operations and staffing for maximum efficiency.
• Assists operators in setting up machines per order specifications; regularly spot checks set ups to ensure accuracy.
• Obtains all necessary product, materials and tooling based on the line/machine load.
• Observes, measures and inspects products at various states of the production process to ensure product is produced per order specifications and quality requirements.
• Serves as point person for the team as they have issues requiring assistance, involve leadership and other team members as appropriate and necessary.
• Recognizes and records defects and problems that arise during production; assists in problem solving, notifies leadership and completes all documentation accurately and completely.
• Performs the duties of an operator as required; provides back up to other lead operators as necessary.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
• Organizational Responsibility – Coordinates team efforts and supports supervisor and other leadership
• Communication – Must effectively communicate with team members and interface with supervisor and other leadership team members
• Confidentiality – May be privy to confidential employment matters; keep confidential customer and product knowledge
• Financial Responsibility –Minimizing errors in production
• Judgment – Decisions based on feedback and guidance from production supervisor
• Compliance – Ensure processes are compliant with ISO, SOX and general company policy, including safety
• Travel – Minimal to no travel
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Two years of experience setting up and running the machines at OCC preferred or equivalent combination of experience.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills; ability to read and follow instructions
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Mechanical aptitude with the ability to review specifications, set up, run and monitor a machine in a production environment. Demonstrated ability to use tools and measuring devices properly. Ability to read and follow basic instructions. Ability to understand and implement quality procedures. Math and handwriting skills required and the ability to correctly complete all documentation. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Pay close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately and recognize and help resolve problems. Ability to organize, complete tasks and manage time.
Working Conditions: While performing the job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly life and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job requires sight sufficient for significant reading and computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. This work also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for communication with all levels of employees and alarm awareness. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles – appropriate individual safety devices are provided for proper handling. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn