Optical Cable Corporation offers excellent opportunities for development and growth. Become a member of this successful team and enjoy an exciting, diverse work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Basic Function: Complete all shipping documents, BOL’s, export documents, assign work load priorities and status shipping sales order completion.
- Performs specific job responsibilities
- Ensures Shipments are processed to meet production delivery schedules.
- Prioritize workload for shipping personnel.
- Tracks status of items to be shipped that are in the Shipping area, Final Quality Control and Packout.
- Communicates with Supervisor or Manager with shipment issues.
- Ensures all freight shipments have proper documentation BOL’s and export documents if required.
- Ensures all freight is properly routed.
- Ensures that all shipments are properly packaged.
- Ensures that all requirements listed on packing list and picking ticket are met before shipment is processed.
- Co-ordinates with local courier to schedule pick-ups and deliveries.
- Process freight quotes with UPS SCS, XPO and other carriers.
- Process request for weight, dimensions and shipping cost from Inside Sales team.
- Co-ordinate with other departments Leads, Supervisors or Managers on issues affecting shipment schedules, workloads and assembly or component quality issues.
- Assist Supervisor in improving Shipping processes and efficiencies.
- Assist Shipping clerks with packaging shipments when work load demands.
- Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; Builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
- Champions OCC’s vision and values (as defined in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or GED required.
Must have 3 years shipping experience, Including processing Export documents and Bills of Ladings.
Essential Experience, Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Utilize Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Must have good analytic and interpersonal skills, including excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to organize, prioritize, complete tasks and mange time. Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment. Must be a self-starter. Ability to work in a team environment. Pays close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately. Ability to read and understand work orders, sales orders, and production schedules.
Work Conditions: While performing this job, the employee is required to walk, stand and climb safety ladders. The employee must be able to lift up to 35 pounds and move / push supply cart or pallet jack with approximately 150 pounds of supplies on it. The employee must have full range of motion ability including stretching, bending and stooping. This position requires a sight sufficient for significant reading and computer use. This work also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for communication with coworkers and vendors. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: this job description is only meant to be a representative summary of major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…