Basic Function: Performs functions to coordinate and focus team’s efforts and encourages active team member participation. In coordination with team, plan and prioritize activities to meet the production plan insuring customer’s requirements are met. The team leader reviews with the team and Production Supervisor any anticipated or missed schedules, quality matters, hazards, shortages or resource availability that may impact the performance of the team or are detrimental to the company’s performance.
I. Performs specific job responsibilities:
• Coordinates training for the team members insuring that they have the necessary training to adhere to quality and performance guidelines for the team. Performs on the job training in work areas and monitors progress.
• Reviews the weekly schedule with the team and creates a plan to ensure the schedule is met. Reports any obstacles or inability in meeting the schedule to the Supervisor, Manager or Director of Operations.
• Alert team members to any special conditions or requirements associated with meeting customer’s commitments.
• Coordinates with the stockroom for schedule of materials that must be pulled in order to meet production schedules. Recognizes any shortages prior to starting an order and addresses with the Supervisor.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
• Ensures the flow in the cell is moved in a timely manner in order to maintain shipping schedules.
• Responsible for the issue of each order, first piece inspection and in-process checks and maintaining the necessary paperwork for the team.
• Encourage team discussions for problem concerns, resolutions and effectiveness of operations. Implement viable recommendations.
• May represent the team at inter-departmental meetings.
II. Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
III. Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or GED required. Associate Degree in Manufacturing desirable. 1 year minimum experience as leader in a manufacturing environment preferred. Experience in cable or connectivity assembly industry preferred.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with minimal support. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral. Able to read assembly drawings. Must possess initiative. Able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Understand, follow, and administer policies, especially those related to quality and compliance. Able to interact with sales, manufacturing, and inventory control teams. Able to organize, prioritize, and complete tasks and manage time. Knowledge of ISO9001 or AS9100 requirements is a plus.
Working Conditions: While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and climb stairs. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. This job requires sight for significant reading and computer use. Specific vision abilities required for this job include color vision. This work also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for communicating with all levels of employees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn