MX- Series Figure-8 Messenger Cables
- Outdoor aerial installations along utility poles for cable television, telecom or other outside plant campus backbone applications without the need for cable lashing
- Figure-eight construction for use with standard messenger clamping and support hardware.
- Ideal for new installations. The figure-eight messenger cable reduces installation time and cost by approximately 50% compared to separate installation of a messenger wire and the lashing of the cable to the messenger.
- Wide operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
- 1/4-inch galvanized messenger standard
- Polyethylene outer cable jacket for excellent UV and weather resistance
- Designed to the NESC requirements for light, medium and heavy storm loads (see cable characteristics table for maximum span lengths)
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Storage Temperature||-55°C to +85°C|
|Installation Temperature (cable temp.)||-30°C to +60°C|
|Crush Resistance||1,800 N/cm|
|Impact Resistance||1,500 impacts|
These specifications are subject to change without prior notification.
OCC figure-eight tight-buffered fiber optic cables meet the functional requirements of the following standards:
- Fiber Optic Cable Aerial Lashing Guidelines - Download as PDF
- Fiber Optic Cable Field Testing Guidelines - Download as PDF
- Fiber Optic Cable Figure 8 Guidelines - Download as PDF
- Fiber Optic Cable General Guidelines - Download as PDF
- Fiber Optic Cable Storage and Handling Guidelines - Download as PDF