Basic Function: Provides key functional support and task responsibility reporting to the Configuration Manager in an active and robust Configuration Management environment. This includes, but is not limited to, following written procedures and recognized Configuration Management principles in ERP system input of part numbers and related Bills of Material, document control practices, release management, and change control management. Additionally supports the Order Fulfillment as required in the sales order processing function.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Support the activities of the Change Review Board (CRB) by preparing review packages, keeping meeting notes, logging activity, following-up on issues, reporting status and other tasks as required and assigned.
- In response to approved Engineering Change Orders and other inputs, perform accurate and timely data entry and maintenance of Configuration Management related ERP system data such as Bills of Material, Parts Master files including descriptions and relevant Parts Master coding, part/document revision status, and linking to controlled documents.
- Maintain controlled documents in strict compliance with Corporate policies, regulations, and standards ensuring that up-to-date versions of relevant documents are available for use, that documents are legible and readily identifiable, and that obsolete documents are prevented from unintended use.
- Support audits (internal, external, 3rd party) in order to verify that regulatory and quality requirements are being met.
- Provide superior customer service and communication to all customers, both internal and external.
- Monitor requests for service from internal customers and prioritize to ensure that requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Recognize opportunities for documentation and configuration process improvements and participate in the development and implementation of improvement solutions.
- Assist Configuration Manager and Order Fulfillment personnel as required to provide backup support and to meet peak workload requirements.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Organizational Responsibility: Provides key task support to a cross-functional set of internal customers represented by all departments in the company.
- Communication: Frequent communication, both oral and written (email particularly), with personnel at various levels of all departments.
- Confidentiality: Customary level of confidentiality required regarding corporate initiatives, customer matters and employee issues.
- Financial Responsibility: Operates in a manner that is fiscally responsible and maintains reasonable expenses.
- Judgment: Errors can result in significant financial and customer relations impact.
- Compliance: Responsible for being cognizant of and operating within SOX and ISO requirements as they pertain to the teams work processes; responsible for understanding and following corporate policies.
- Travel: Little to none.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: HS Diploma or GED required, Associates degree in a technical field preferred.
Experience: 3+ years experience in a design/manufacture configuration/document control function
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: None
Other Minimum Qualifications: Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with minimal support.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Operate independently but with some daily direction from the Manager, Configuration Management. Maintain interpersonal relationships through appropriate and concise communication, oral and written. Use math and writing skills to correctly complete all documentation required for team reporting and compliance obligations. Understand, follow and administer policies, especially those related to quality and compliance. Attend to detail in completing assignments and documentation. Prioritize workload effectively. Strong knowledge of MS Office; customer service oriented while also being assertive, self-sufficient, and able to multi-task in a variety of projects.
Working Conditions: This is a partially sedentary job which requires sight sufficient for computer use and hearing sufficient for extensive, direct and/or telephone contact with customers, management and employees. Responsibilities require an individual to be physically mobile to move around the facility. The nature of this position and the personal interactions involved require that an individual possess significant and persuasive interactive communications skills. 40+ hour on-site work week with on-call availability required. Sitting for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components, occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings, lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…