Basic Function: Sets-up, runs and monitors 3” extrusion equipment used for the manufacture of fiber optic cable by performing the following duties.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Reads the set-up sheet and utilizes the automation file to determine product to be manufactured, machine adjustments, and material requirements.
- Sets up, runs and continually monitors the 3” extrusion line for all products.
- Observes, measures, and inspects products at various stages of the production process to assure product is being produced per proper automation file.
- Applies print to cables using jet printers and mechanical printers as required.
- Correctly completes all paperwork specific to this job function.
- Cleans equipment to prevent contamination as required.
- Recognizes various defects and problems that arise during production. Assists in solving problems or notifies supervisor if required. Completes non-conformity paperwork for all defects and problems in products.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with the safety procedures and guidelines set forth by this company.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures (including safety), ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Organizational Responsibility – Member of the production team operating machines on an as needed basis
- Communication – Communicates on a regular basis with coworkers, lead operators and supervisors.
- Confidentiality – Standard level of confidentiality for product and order information
- Financial Responsibility – Efficient use of materials, limit remake and rework issues
- Judgment – Strive for error-free production to eliminate customer service and quality issues
- Compliance – Follows product procedures, safety, ISO, SOX and MIL standards
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: 1 – 2 years applying fundamental concepts and practice preferred in machine operation (including set-up and troubleshooting)
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills. Must successfully complete orientation
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Mechanical aptitude with the ability to review specifications, set up, run and monitor a machine in a production environment. Demonstrated ability to use tools and measuring devices properly. Ability to read and follow basic instructions. Ability to understand and implement quality procedures. Math and documentation skills required and the ability to correctly complete all documentation. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Pay close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately and recognize and help resolve problems. Ability to organize, complete tasks and manage time. Ability to type and use a keyboard to operate in Syspro ERP System.
Working Conditions: While performing the job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job requires sight sufficient for significant reading and computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. This work also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for detection of alarms and communication with coworkers. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles – appropriate individual safety devices are provided for proper handling. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…