Basic Function: Contributes to increased sales by servicing customer needs, managing customer expectations, and identifying buying signals to close opportunities. Proactively seeks new business and supports the outside sales force to ensure delivery of best-in-class service.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Manage opportunities & responsibilities within assigned region.
- Respond timely to customer inquiries regarding order/shipping status.
- Respond to customer inquiries about product capabilities and demonstrate value proposition of OCC including but not limited to features and benefits of products.
- Manage customer complaints and issues by servicing the customer directly or by involving the proper resources for a satisfactory resolution.
- Provide timely price quotations for distributors and other prospective cable and connectivity buyers.
- Provide the sales team (outbound inside sales, outside sales force and sales engineers) with necessary information for effective customer proposals.
- Work in a team environment; coordinate efforts with outside sales team, business development, and marketing to ensure projects are awarded; regularly and consistently follows up with all parties involved to ensure sales are closed and service provided.
- Provide quotes and conduct follow-up in a proactive, accurate and efficient manner.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer requests/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Organizational Responsibility: Services customer inquiries, coordinates sales efforts with other team members; work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Communication: Regular communications with customers, prospective customers and other sales team members. Frequent communication with supporting departments including Shipping, Engineering, Finance, Quality & Manufacturing.
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality must be maintained as it relates to customer service and customer accounts
- Financial Responsibility: Provide accurate quotations, audit incoming orders for accuracy, make decisions in the best interest of OCC.
- Judgment: Expected to use independent judgment and to seek assistance as directed; errors could directly impact the customer relationship and the sales generated
- Compliance: Responsible for complying with internal guidelines and all applicable laws and regulations, including ISO and SOX
- Travel: Minimal or infrequent travel into assigned territory.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Prefer Associates degree in applicable field or equivalent and appropriate sales and customer service experience; experience may substitute for education
Experience: 1-2 years experience (Bachelor’s degree desirable and may substitute for 2 years of experience)
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: N/A
Other Minimum Qualifications:
Demonstrated ability to:
Use intermediate computer skills with a familiarity and skill in several software packages such as MSWord and MSExcel.
Use a CRM (customer relationship management system) effectively and proactively.
Present information over the phone regarding features and benefits of technical product.
Communicate effectively when handling customer inquiries and issues, orally and written.
Read and follow basic instructions, understand and implement quality procedures.
Pay close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately
Recognize, record, and help resolve customer issues.
Organize, complete tasks and manage time in an efficient manner.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Upon completion of orientation, should be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the fiber optic cable, enterprise connectivity and applied interconnect systems through presentations to prospects and customers.
Working Conditions: This is a sedentary job which requires a sighted individual (i.e., vision corrected to 20/20) for computer usage and requires an individual with normal hearing (i.e., hearing corrected to normal ranges) for extensive, direct and/or telephone contact with customers, management staff and employees. The nature of this work and constant personal interactions involved require that an individual possesses significant and persuasive interactive communications skills. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…