Basic Function: Receives and issues finished materials. Prints and pulls shipping documents. Enters receivers and material movement in computer system. Investigates inventory discrepancies.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Ensures all paperwork is accurate, in order, and processed daily.
- Ensure all packages and stock are labeled correctly.
- Responsible for preparing orders for shipment according to the shipping documents.
- Must verify part number and quantity of orders for shipment.
- Performs daily cycle counts for all stockrooms and reports any major discrepancies to supervisor.
- Works with planners to ensure that material is moved in a timely manner, enabling production to meet customer demands.
- Provides backup for Supervisor, Inventory Control as required.
- Cross-train in additional inventory control, shipping and receiving positions in order to successfully perform those duties on an interim basis and train others.
- Utilizes and follows quality policy and operating procedures to ensure the quality and consistency of the job is being performed.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with the safety procedures and guidelines.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s vision and values; complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or GED required. Must hold a current forklift certification. Must have a minimum of 3 years shipping, receiving, and inventory experience at OCC preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 1 year as a lead in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Utilize Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Must have good analytical and interpersonal skills, including excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Able to organize, prioritize, complete tasks, and manage time. Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment. Must be a self-starter. Ability to work in a team environment. Pays close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately. Good math and handwriting skills required and the ability to correctly complete all paperwork. Ability to read and understand work orders, pick lists, sales orders and Bills of Materials. Ability to lead and/or direct team members.
Working Conditions: While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift up to 50lbs and move/push a supply cart with approximately 150 lbs. of supplies on it. The employee must have full range of motion ability, including stretching, bending, and stooping. This job requires a sighted individual (i.e., vision corrected to 20/20) for significant reading and computer usage. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. This work also requires an individual with normal hearing (i.e., hearing corrected to normal ranges). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…