Basic Function: Manages the maintenance department and supervises care and upkeep of the facility.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with surveys, design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in plant.
- Plans and monitors Maintenance department budgets and capital projects.
- Ensures equipment and facility function as planned to avoid downtime and scrap.
- Identifies needs for major equipment repair and replacement, keeping in mind opportunities for improvement in efficiency, costs, environmental stewardship and safety.
- Directs execution of maintenance related capital projects to meet timelines and approved costs.
- Develops and implements preventive and predictive maintenance program(s) to improve reliability using Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Manages maintenance, equipment, and engineering vendors.
- Directs maintenance of plant buildings.
- Maintains facility including HVAC, building structure, etc.
- Maintenance parts inventory management. Maintains appropriate spare parts in a cost efficient manner while minimizing machine downtime.
- Interacts with county administration and utility companies as required.
- Maintains metrics related to asset care and reliability.
- Partners with Production Department to accommodate predictive maintenance activities, minimize downtime and scrap, and provide feedback regarding the status and availability of product equipment to Production Supervisor or Production Manager.
- Partners with Health, Safety, and Environmental team to ensure compliance with standards, practices, and policies for pollution control, installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of equipment, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure consistent application of HR related policies and practices.
- Builds trust, values others, communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively and demonstrates high integrity.
- Directs and leads the efforts of team members in order to meet team, departmental and corporate goals:
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends candidates for hire
- Supervises maintenance employees. Plans, assigns, monitors and directs work. Trains, motivates and evaluates the qualitative and quantitative performance of team members
iii. Administers policies fairly and consistently.
- Sets strategic goals and defines plans for meeting those goals set for the team and individual members.
- Interacts with other managers to capture major opportunities for strategic planning and continual improvement.
- Maintains appropriate spare parts in a cost efficient manner while minimizing machine downtime.
- Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
III. Champions OCC’s vision and values; complies with policies and procedures including safety, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Managerial: Manages maintenance technicians on all shifts.
- Maintenance Excellence: Drives an organization that utilizes Maintenance Excellence methodologies and best practices.
- Equipment, Facilities, Maintenance Planning, Metrics, Preventative Maintenance Systems, Autonomous Maintenance Systems.
- Confidentiality: High level of confidentiality required regarding corporate initiatives, customer matters and employee issues.
- Financial: Operate and manage a fiscally responsible team and maintain reasonable expenses; must evaluate the potential returns on investment before committing to purchases. Respond to the finance team’s request for information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Compliance: Understands, follows and administers corporate policies, ISO, OSHA and other applicable safety/building/environmental codes.
- Travel: occasional travel may be required
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Associate degree in engineering, maintenance or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience. Bachelor degree in business or related field desirable.
Experience: 7 or more years applying comprehensive knowledge of in field of maintenance specialization and related experience to include 5 years supervisory experience. World Class Manufacturing experience desirable.
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: HVAC, electrician or related certification preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be a team member and to lead a team. Demonstrated record of making positive contributions to an organization as a leader. Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Operate independently with little direct supervision; involve management staff appropriately. Participate in management and leadership level meetings. Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with minimal support. Maintain interpersonal relationships through appropriate and concise communication, oral and written. Use math and writing skills to correctly complete all documentation required for team reporting and compliance obligations. Understand, follow and administer policies, especially those related to quality and compliance. Attend to detail in completing assignments and documentation. Prioritize workload effectively.
Working Conditions: This is a partially sedentary job which requires sight sufficient for computer use and requires an individual with hearing sufficient for extensive, direct and/or telephone contact with customers, management and employees. Requires an individual with the ability to enter data into a computer. Responsibilities require an individual to be physically mobile to move around the building. The nature of this position and the personal interactions involved require that an individual possess significant and persuasive interactive communications skills. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…