Basic Function: Set-up and maintain industrial machinery with emphasis on electrical components. Routine electrician work throughout the facility.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- On a routine basis, inspect basis electricalequipment, wiring, fixtures and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues.
- Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components, and create a maintenanceor repair plan to solve the problem.
- Observing machines or equipment (for visual and audio signs) to diagnose malfunctions and determine necessary adjustments and/or repairs. Studying blueprints, sketches, machine parts, or specifications in order to determine appropriate repairs. Assembling and test operating machines to verify correction of malfunctions.
- Dismantling machines or equipment to replace defective parts as required.
- Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies and maintains electrical systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical equipment.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical and mechanical theories and principles, reading specifications.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements and informs management as needed.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed and assist other maintenance personnel with troubleshooting and repairs.
- Maintains company required maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs general lifting of loads up to 50 pounds.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with the safety procedures and guidelines set forth by this company.
- Utilizes and follows quality policy and operating procedures to insure the quality and consistency of the job being performed.
- Other duties may be assigned by Management.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year related experience and/or training preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: 1-3 years related experience and/or training preferred.
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: Journeyman Electrician License
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: An excellent mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate a variety of machine tools, assemble parts to fabricate or repair machine tools, and proper maintenance of machinery. Able to read and follow complex instructions, ability to understand and implement quality procedures. Good math and handwriting skills and the ability to correctly complete all paperwork. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Pays close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately and help resolve problems. Ability to operate a forklift.
Working Conditions: While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and must be reasonably ambulatory. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. This job requires a sighted individual (i.e., vision corrected to 20/20) for significant reading and computer usage. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. This work also requires and individual with normal hearing (i.e., hearing corrected to normal ranges). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and occasionally toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…