Basic Function: The Outside Sales Representative performs proactive sales activities for all OCC products and drives increased sales within the designated geographical territory.
I. Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Maintains high-level knowledge of the OCC product base and effectively close sales in order to meet territory, regional and corporate-wide goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with influencers in the market including: engineers, contractors, installers, integrators, distributors and others that will result in the selection of OCC products by a customer and/or end user.
- Drives sales proactively as a specialist in OCC enterprise products; supports and engages other members of the sales team:
- Involves business development managers, technical sales and engineering in order to effectively and appropriately address customer needs.
- Conduct both individual and joint sales calls, deliver presentations and participate in trade shows as appropriate.
- Maintains generalist knowledge in all OCC products in all segments in order to provide sales support successfully.
- Works closely with the Inside Sales Team to provide service and support to customers and to develop a funnel of potential customers.
II. Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
III. Champions OCC’s vision and values; complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Managerial: No direct reports. Coordinates sales efforts in designated geographical territory.
- Communication: Regularly communicates with other members of the inside sales team, business development and technical sales managers, engineers and customers.
- Confidentiality: Must maintain confidentiality with respect to corporate goals and objectives, product information and customer/sales activity
- Financial: Responsibility for operating within the constraints of the Auto and Expense Policy especially by maintaining reasonable expenses.
- Judgment: May make independent decisions concerning specific customer’s demands with consultation from other sales resources, as appropriate.
- Compliance: Responsible for SOX compliance as it pertains to team processes
- Travel is at least 50% of working time
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Bachelor degree preferred
Experience: 3—5 years applying fundamental technical sales concepts and practices
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: RCDD preferred
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be a team member. Demonstrated history of making positive contributions to the organization. Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Operate independently with little direct supervision; involve management staff appropriately. Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with minimal support. Maintain interpersonal relationships through appropriate and concise communication, oral and written. Use math and writing skills to correctly complete all documentation required for team reporting and compliance obligations. Understand, follow and administer policies, especially those related to quality and compliance. Attend to detail in completing assignments and documentation. Prioritize workload effectively.
Working Conditions: This is a partially sedentary job which requires sight sufficient for computer use and requires an individual with hearing sufficient for extensive, direct and/or telephone contact with customers, management staff and employees. Requires an individual with the ability to enter data into a computer. The nature of this position and the personal interactions involved require that an individual possess significant and persuasive interactive communications skills. Requires an individual with the ability to travel within a geographic territory by car and by plane. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…