Ensures the Quality Management System is maintained and in compliance with ISO, military/government and industry standards
- Promotes facility-wide awareness and continuous improvement of the OCC Quality Management System (QMS).
- Maintains the effectiveness and compliance of the OCC QMS to relevant customer and regulatory (ISO) requirements, by:
- Administering the Documentation Management process which includes document/drawing tracking system, release, distribution, storage, retrieval, and archiving.
- Coordinating QMS Management Reviews with OCC top management
- Performing ISO internal auditor functions
- Coordinating with subject matter experts on technical subjects in a positive, collaborative manner to prepare controlled documents which conform to Optical Cable Corporation guidelines and format
- Establishing and track metrics to communicate OCC QMS performance and continuous improvement.
- Coordinates the Corrective and Preventive action processes in order to expedite closure
- Coordinates the RMA / Customer Complaint process in order to expedite resolution.
- Administers the Configuration Management and Change Control processes for both hardware and software revision control.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Organizational Responsibility– Supervises Quality Assurance Technicians & Inspectors
- Confidentiality- Has access to customer furnished data
- Financial Responsibility- None
- Judgment- Errors could result in incorrect documentation being released & customer dissatisfaction
- Compliance- Complies with defined requirements and external regulatory requirements including: SOX, ISO 9001, and relevant military standards/specifications
- Travel- overnight to out-of-state locations occasionally required
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Associate degree in business or related field
Experience: 5 years of Quality Management System education/experience including Quality Management System documentation and practices, and ISO concepts and guidelines
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration:
Certification to ISO 9001
Other Minimum Qualifications:
Certification to ISO 9001
Certified Internal Auditor
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Excellent oral communication skills required with the ability to speak clearly and distinctly and to project a courteous and helpful attitude to internal and external customers
- Significant organizational skills; ability to pay close attention to details with the ability to complete assignments accurately
- Excellent writing skills with correct grammar and punctuation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately, read and follow instructions/schedules/timelines and handle multiple priorities with the ability to recognize and help to resolve problems
- Ability to utilize multiple word-processing and database applications including MS Office applications Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat computer skills required with the ability to format professional documents, use basic formulas, importing and graphing functions
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal direct supervision with flexibility to adapt to changes in priorities
Office and production floor environment. This is a quality position which requires sight sufficient for computer usage and significant detail for inspection. This position also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for telephone contact with employees and management as well as relaying messages accurately. There are significant computer input/data entry duties that require sufficient manual dexterity for handling small fiber optic products, tools, and instruments. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.