Basic Function:Performs incoming, in-process and finished goods inspections according to work instructions and procedures. Assist with customer/vendor returns and related data entry.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Perform incoming inspections, non-complex first article, finished goods inspections customer returns for compliance to specifications and auditing.
- Assist with receiving incoming materials and match to purchase orders through utilization of the ERP system.
- Processes customer returns and returns to suppliers and handles all associated paperwork.
- Ensure incoming material meets specific requirements per blueprint.
- Ensure incoming material is moved to proper location.
- Ensure that all paperwork and inspection reports are accurate and complete.
- Maintain manual and electronic record filing system for incoming materials and returns.
- Ensure materials and return products are in accordance with established tolerance levels for quality and performance.
- Recognize defects and problems that arise during production of OCC products.
- Complete Defective Material/Non-conforming Material notices and coordinate disposition of affected material.
- Roving inspection of work-in-process.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values as detailed in the 15 Essential Points of Success; complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education & Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum 12 months related experience in Quality Assurance/Control Inspection process.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Be able to use calipers, micrometers and other measuring tools for verification of product. Intermediate computer knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word and Excel. Ability to read and follow basic instructions. Ability to understand and implement quality procedures. Good communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to read Bills of Materials, Engineering drawings, and ECN’s. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Pays close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately and recognize and assist in resolving problems.
Working Conditions: While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift up to 15lbs and move/push a supply cart with approximately 100lbs of supplies on it. The employee must have full range of motion ability, including stretching, bending, and stooping. This job requires sight sufficient for significant reading. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. This work also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for extensive, direct contact with employees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…