Basic Function: Supports the production of fiber optic cable.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Selects cable to be respooled/striped/cut/printed based on priorities set by production.
- Sets up and respools all of the standard cable products produced by this company.
- Prints finished cables and washes off print as required.
- Stripes in process sub-straights as required.
- Strips jackets off defective cables, as required.
- Observes, measures, and inspects finished cables for anomalies and corrects per supervisor instructions.
- Correctly completes all documentation specific to this job function.
- Recognizes various defects and problems that arise during production. Assists in solving problems or notifies supervisor if required.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with safety procedures and guidelines.
- Dashing fibers for jobs.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, including safety, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education & Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months related experience and/or training preferred.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate a machine in a production environment. Demonstrated ability to use tools and measuring devices properly. Ability to read and follow basic instructions and to understand and implement quality procedures. Math and handwriting skills required and the ability to correctly complete all documentation. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Pays close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately and recognize and help resolve problems.
Working Conditions: While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Significant inspecting activities require manual dexterity using hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. This job requires sight sufficient for significant reading and computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. This work also requires an individual with hearing (sufficient for communication with coworkers and awareness of alarms). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.