Basic Function: Supervises the maintenance department and care and upkeep of the facility. Leads facility safety program.
- Supervises maintenance employees. Plans, assigns, sets goals, monitors and directs work for the team and individual members. Trains, motivates and evaluates the qualitative and quantitative performance of team members.
- Interacts with other departments to capture major opportunities for strategic planning and continual improvement.
- Maintains facility electrical, HVAC, building structure, and other systems by managing outside service contracts and coordinates appropriate maintenance processes.
- Schedules and monitors regular and preventive maintenance on all machines to meet ISO-9001 requirements and safety requirements. Maintains appropriate spare parts in a cost efficient manner while minimizing machine downtime.
- Setting-up and/or assembling new machinery per specifications.
- Design, maintain, troubleshoots, and repair controls, PLCs, and electrical devices used on production equipment.
- Observing machines or equipment (for visual and audio signs) to diagnose malfunctions and determine necessary adjustments and/or repairs. Studying blueprints, sketches, machine parts, or specifications in order to determine appropriate repairs. Assembling and test operating machines to verify correction of malfunctions.
- Dismantling machines or equipment to replace defective parts as required.
- Interacts with county administration and utility companies as required.
- Primary point of contact and communication for all safety related functions, including records, training, and compliance.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Managerial: Supervises Custodian, Electronics Technician and Production Technician.
- Communication: Communicates daily with leaders, internal customers and outside vendors/contractors.
- Confidentiality: High level of confidentiality required regarding corporate initiatives, customer matters and employee issues.
- Financial: Operate and manage a fiscally responsible team and maintain reasonable expenses; must evaluate the potential returns on investment before committing to purchases. Respond to the finance team’s request for information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Compliance: Understands, follows and administers corporate policies (including ISO, SOX, OSHA and other applicable safety/building/environmental codes.
- Travel: occasional travel may be required
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Associate degree in engineering, maintenance or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Experience: 5 or more years applying comprehensive knowledge of in field of maintenance specialization and related experience to include 2 years supervisory experience
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: HVAC, electrician or related certification preferred.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Operate independently with little direct supervision; involve management staff appropriately. Participate in management and leadership level meetings. Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with minimal support. Understand PLC ladder logic and associated programs. Effective interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be a team member and to lead a team. Demonstrated record of making positive contributions to an organization as a leader. Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills. Maintain interpersonal relationships through appropriate and concise communication, oral and written. Use math and writing skills to correctly complete all documentation required for team reporting and compliance obligations. Understand, follow and administer policies, especially those related to quality and compliance. Attend to detail in completing assignments and documentation. Prioritize workload effectively.
Working Conditions: While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and must be reasonably ambulatory. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. This job requires sight sufficient for significant reading and computer usage. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. This work also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for extensive, direct and/or telephone contact with vendors, management, and employees. The nature of this position and the personal interactions involved require that an individual possess significant and persuasive interactive communications skills. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…