Maintains production equipment and develops new equipment and fixtures to assist production. Performs maintenance on facilities as needed.
- Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Maintains corrective/preventative maintenance database for production equipment.
- Troubleshoots, and repairs electrical and mechanical devices used on production equipment.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineering with design and fabrication of equipment, controls, and fixtures.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of test fixtures/equipment used in production.
- Provide preliminary cost analyses for proposed special engineering projects.
- Provide concept support, fabrication, and coordination for manufacturing engineering projects.
- Assist maintenance team members to provide support to all other departments.
- Perform facility related assignments that may include but not limited to minor plumbing, changing light fixtures, miscellaneous repairs.
- Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
- Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education & Experience:
Two year degree in electronics, mechanics or industrial technology or 3 to 5 years equivalent experience
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Excellent mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate a variety of machine tools, assemble parts to fabricate or repair machine tools, and proper maintenance of machinery. Able to read Bills of Materials, Engineering drawings, Technical Specifications, Equipment Technical Publications, Wiring Diagrams Schematics, and ECN’s. Math and handwriting skills and the ability to correctly complete all documentation. Computer skills should include Word, Excel, and Email. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral. Able to change priorities as directed with ease. Basic understanding of federal and local safety and hazardous material regulations. Ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure machines are working properly. Ability to read and follow complex instructions. Ability to understand and implement quality procedures. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Pay close attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately and help resolve problems. Must have knowledge of circuit boards, electronic components and equipment. Prefer candidate to have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Prefer candidate to have knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
Working Conditions: While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Significant inspecting activities require manual dexterity using hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. This job requires sight for significant reading and computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. This work also requires an individual with hearing sufficient for communication with co-workers and alarm awareness. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.