Basic Function: Set-up and maintain industrial machinery.
- Setting-up and/or assembling new machinery per specifications.
- Observing machines or equipment (for visual and audio signs) to diagnose malfunctions and determine necessary adjustments and/or repairs. Studying blueprints, sketches, machine parts, or specifications in order to determine appropriate repairs. Assembling and test operating machines to verify correction of malfunctions.
- Dismantling and reassembling machines or equipment to replace defective parts as required.
- Performing scheduled preventive maintenance on machinery. Completing paperwork on parts used and repairs made.
- Maintaining and lubricating machine tools and equipment as required.
- Conducting all activities in accordance with the safety procedures and guidelines.
- Utilizing and following quality policy and operating procedures to insure the quality and consistency of the job performance.
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s mission, vision and values (as detailed in our 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Experience: 1-3 years related experience and/or training preferred. MT1 and/or industrial maintenance certification desirable. Military and Technical skills and training will be considered in Lieu of field experience.
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Excellent mechanical aptitude with the ability to operate a variety of machine tools, assemble parts to fabricate or repair machine tools, and proper maintenance of machinery. Ability to read and follow complex instructions, ability to understand and implement quality procedures. Math and handwriting skills and the ability to complete correctly all documentation. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments accurately and help resolve problems.
Ability to operate a forklift and aerial Work platform. Basic Electrical, hydraulic and Pneumatic skills will be used daily. Machining and Fabrications skill are a plus. Ability to create Electrical and Mechanical drawings are also essential skills.
Working Conditions: While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and must be reasonably ambulatory. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. This job requires sight sufficient for significant reading and computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. This work also requires and individual with hearing sufficient for communication with employees, vendors and awareness of alarms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may possibly be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
SAFETY: Work under company protocol regarding safe work practices. Training for machine specific diagnostics, lock out, and tag out Procedures will be provided. Electrical knowledge and training will be required for live diagnostic work on equipment. Proper PPE will be required and provided when required.
Proper training will be provided for Pre Job Min’s – hot work and related practices. Pre job Mini’s will be done any time the work is beyond the scope of normal work routines.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…