Business Development Specialist
Basic Function: Serves as a technical specialist for all cable and connectivity products related to a target market. Drives increased sales by proactively supporting the efforts to customers in these markets.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Serves as a technical expert to assist our Outside and Inside Sales teams in a target market area through relationships with influencers to include and not limited to: engineers, contractors, installers, integrators, distributors and others that result in selection of products for their respective organization
- Drives sales and achieves sales goals for assigned markets by conducting individual sales calls as well as joint sales calls with other team members
- Collaborates and coordinates sales activities for secondary markets or products that fall outside of the assigned area of responsibility
- Leads training on products and markets to other members of the sales team, OCC partners, end-users and customers as appropriate
- Works closely with OCC’s marketing and engineering team to coordinate the preparation of training and marketing collateral for training and customer awareness
- Responsible for product line design and management, suggesting and developing new product concepts, managing product selection and design for specific customer/end-user applications and supporting new product development in collaboration with engineering team
Promotes OCC’s service excellence and quality. Provides excellent service to customers; builds strong relationships and team cohesiveness; focuses on quality and positive solutions; communicates respectfully; demonstrates compassion and understanding in response to customer request/needs.
Champions OCC’s vision and values (as outlined in the 15 Essential Points of Success); complies with policies and procedures, ethical standards and Code of Conduct.
- Managerial: Coordinates sales efforts in designated market segments and provides support to the sales team
- Communication: Regularly communicates with other members of the sales team (outside sales, inside sales), engineers and customers.
- Confidentiality: Must maintain confidentiality with respect to corporate goals and objectives, product information and customer/sales activity
- Financial: Responsibility for operating within the constraints of the Auto and Expense Policy especially by maintaining reasonable expenses.
- Judgment: May make independent decisions concerning specific customer demands with consultation from appropriate leaders.
- Compliance: Responsible for SOX compliance as it pertains to team processes
- Travel: Travel is at least 50% of working time
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: BA/BS or equivalent educational background
Experience: 1-3 years of demonstrated successful sales experience
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: RCDD desired
Essential Skills, Abilities & Knowledge: Operate independently with little direct supervision; involve management staff appropriately. Ability to participate in management and leadership level meetings as requested. Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with minimal support. Maintain interpersonal relationships through appropriate and concise communication, oral and written. Use math and writing skills to correctly complete all documentation required for team reporting and compliance obligations. Understand, follow and administer policies, especially those related to quality and compliance. Attend to detail in completing assignments and documentation. Prioritize workload effectively.
Working Conditions: This is a partially sedentary job which requires vision sufficient for reading comprehension, computer use and requires and hearing sufficient for extensive, direct and/or telephone contact with customers, management and employees. Requires an individual with the ability to enter data into a computer. Responsibilities require an individual to be physically mobile to move around the building. The nature of this position and the personal interactions involved require that an individual possess significant and persuasive interactive communications skills. Requires an individual with the ability to travel within a geographic territory by car and by plane. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
OCC offers a positive work environment driven around 15 Essential Points of Success, which is how OCC aspires to operate and is an integral part of our corporate philosophy and culture. OCC offers a competitive benefits package to promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, optional supplemental insurance plans; including, critical illness and accident, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, and wireless discounts. Employees are also provided with security options including Healthy Rewards®, Secure Travel®, Will Preparation and Identity Theft protection as well as generous paid time off and holiday schedules.
Optical Cable Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer. For additional information, please click here.
Connect with us…